Do you accept payments over the telephone?
No. Payments can only be made online, in-person or by mail.
- To pay your bill online, click the link to our secure online payment portal here.
- To pay in-person or by mail:
Plainview Water District
10 Manetto Hill Road
Plainview, New York 11803
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
What is the service fee if I pay my bill online?
We offer our consumers the ability to pay their water bills online 24/7. There is a 2.65% service fee for credit card transactions and a $1.50 fee for ACH transactions. Note that New York State law mandates that Plainview Water District receives no portion of the service fee. The fee is retained by the payment processing vendor that enables the transaction. The fee schedule is in accordance with the credit card companies and transaction clearing house established rates.
When is my next bill/payment due?
Plainview Water District bills customers quarterly. Find the schedule here.
Is there a “grace period” for payments?
There is no grace period. In keeping with New York State Town Law, the due date indicated on your bill is the absolute deadline.
What is the average bill?
Each consumer’s usage is determined by different variables, such as the number of people living in the home, size of the lawn, size of house, etc. For this reason, we are unable to give an accurate average.
Why is this bill higher than the last bill I received?
Many factors contribute to fluctuations in your water bill:
- Weather fluctuations. Water consumption changes from one season to the next. For an accurate comparison, examine bills from corresponding periods (August 2018 vs. August 2017).
- Have living arrangements changed? Water consumption will increase if there are more people living in the residence. Has there been an apartment added on to the residence?
- Check for leaks. Dripping faucets are obvious sources, but look for other less visible signs as well.
I’m selling my house, what do I need to do to close my account?
You will need to call our office at (516) 931-6469. Have the following information ready:
- Account #
- Service Address
- Seller’s Name
- Seller’s Attorney’s Name, Phone Number and Address
- Seller’s Forwarding Address
- Purchaser’s Name
- Purchaser’s Attorney’s Name, Phone Number and Address
You will need to make an appointment with us for a final meter reading and inspection. There is a service charge for a final reading.
How do I turn on service (residential/commercial)?
Call the office at (516) 931-6469. A minimal charge may apply. However, if a house is being sold, water is usually not turned off.
Is there a deposit?
Fees are associated with new, non-existing service. For more information, you may call our office at (516) 931-6469.
When will service be activated?
Service is turned on as soon as all requirements are met.